Nexstar Media Inc is looking for experienced Assistant Newscast Director to join the newly formed duopoly in Washington, DC (Market # 8). Come live and work in the Nation's capital, not only a great place for national politics but also busy local news market. The region offers a high quality of life with some of the best museums in the country, year-round theaters, concerts, street festivals and more. The region is also a sports mecca with professional basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer teams. The district and its suburbs have many bike trails, has been widely recognized for is early adoption of high-tech transportation options like e-bikes and e-scooters. Washington, DC also boasts an incredible food scene with more than twenty restaurants receiving Michelin stars in 2021 alone. This is a great place to live and a great place to grow your career.
• Work in unison with Director on a live fast paced local newscast using Ross Overdrive, Ross XPression, and Ross XPression Tessera
• Must have in-depth knowledge of studio/remote broadcasting technology including automated servers, graphics systems, and editing. ENPS and Ross Overdrive experience preferred.
• The Assistant Director will interact with the director and newscast producer to create & execute the content, tone, structure and pace of the newscast.
• The Assistant Director should add creativity and ideas that enhance the final product.
• The Assistant Director will help design and implement use of new multi-area set and evolving format.
• Coordinates with the News and Creative Services Departments to achieve the graphic elements of the newscast.
Requirements & Skills:
Minimum of 2 years of experience Directing. News applicants only please. Early Mornings, Evenings, weekends, and holidays will be a part of the schedule. Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred. Must be able to handle face paced live broadcasts and remain calm during breaking news. Please be prepared to furnish current references and shows (with director's track). Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4e26-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.