The Assignment, Video, & Digital Editor will produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
• Edit video for on-air and digital platforms
• Operate studio cameras during on-air broadcasts and other times as assigned
• Operate teleprompter during on-air broadcasts and other times as assigned
• Answer newsroom phone calls and organize content ideas in daily planning software
• Write, publish, and distribute breaking news stories on all digital platforms
Job Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelors degree in Communication/Journalism or similar field preferred
• Relevant experience in television production
• Experience writing, producing, and editing on a desktop editing system
• Familiarity with CMS (content management systems)
• Understanding of social media in distribution of content
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.