Los Angeles, CA
The Assignment Manager is responsible for being the lead for incoming news stories which includes information gathering, planning and coordinating news coverage across all station platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services, social media and community groups
• Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories
• Coordinates logistics for live breaking news coverage and special news events
• Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories and works with the News Director and EP's to develop plans for all broadcasts
• Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories
• Experience in copy editing
• Reviews video for broadcast
• Monitors scanner traffic
• Helps verify info on stories
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.