ROLE: Individual will maintain assignment desk functions, write news content, and perform duties as required as part of FOX 5's News Team.
DESCRIPTION: The assignment desk is the center of it all; breaking stories, assigning crews, and coordinating with broadcast/digital producers. FOX 5 is not your boring TV station. We are an aggressive and fast-paced newsroom determined to tell interesting stories and breaking news. Apply if you are looking for an opportunity to coordinate assignments for news coverage, write compelling news stories, and engage with news content in a newsroom with a great vibe!
• Assists newsroom management, reporters, and producers in finding relevant, compelling news content for top-rated daytime and afternoon newscasts
• Dispatches crews to breaking news, day-of, and planned stories
• Listens to scanners, answers phones/emails, researches/vets out pitches to determine what makes a great story
• Coordinates live shots and content sharing with affiliates, FOX, and other partners
• Posts stories to station digital platforms and social media sites
• Write news stories, teases, and headlines
• Other duties as they arise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field preferred
• Knowledge of San Diego area a plus
• Must be an effective communicator, both oral and written
• Must have solid news judgment
• Must be able to work well under extreme pressure and deadlines
• Must be able to multi-task successfully
• Must have superior organizational skills
• Must be nimble with technology
• Must be a consistent and solid story and tease writer
• Must be capable of interacting productively with other employees of the station
• Must have knowledge of editorial standards, ethics and media law
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pq10-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.