The Assignments Editor answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available.
• Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups
• Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories
• Coordinates logistics for news personnel
• Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts
• Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories
• Edits video clips as assigned
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d23n35-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.