MMJ / Reporter
High Point, NC
Nexstar Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
• Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups
• Dispatches photographers, reporters, and other personnel to cover stories
• Coordinates logistics for news personnel
• Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories
• works with the News Team to look ahead and develop plans for future coverage
• Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61ybn-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.