Job Title: Anchor/Reporter
Station: WREG-TV / Memphis CBS
Reports to: Assistant News Director
Purpose/reason for this Position: WREG in Memphis is searching for a seasoned storyteller to join a team of champions. We're looking for a digger who can uncover leads in one of the sauciest cities in America. This place is news heaven, and the journalist good enough to win this job will be aggressive, resourceful and relentless. If you lead by example… if you care about being fair and accurate… if you are born to connect with others… let us hear from you. If you love the give and take of social media… let us hear from you.
You must include a link of your work.
Core Job Functions:
* Pitches unique story ideas every day.
* Builds and maintains a list of sources
* Gathers and turns stories on deadline that are fair, accurate, grammatically correct, and engaging to the audience.
* Presents those stories on live television… on set and in the field… in an energetic, conversational and creative style
* Posts and promotes those stories on multiple digital platforms.
* Cultivates curiosity
* Relishes personal responsibility, including learning new things and adapting to change as the world and the industry evolve.
* Works well in a team environment.
* Refuses to give up, even when people aren't returning telephone calls, e-mails or DM's.
* Protects the reputation and integrity of self and that of the station.
* Welcomes coaching and constructive criticism without rolling up into a ball or becoming hostile.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Command of the English language, secondary language such as Spanish, helpful. Should be able to write in complete sentences with proper spelling, punctuation and format. Should be able to function under extreme stress and deadline pressures. Experienced in anchoring, reporting and news gathering. Should have working knowledge of the Internet and feel comfortable using computers and electronic newsgathering equipment.
Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• At least two years work experience
• Must have current reel showcasing your work
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Physical Requirements:
The Anchor/Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Anchor/Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwkn2-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.