NewsNation is looking for an anchor/reporter for our newscast. The position is based in Chicago, Illinois. We are looking for the right combination of personality, news judgment, and experience. The anchor/reporter will be involved with every aspect of the broadcast and will produce compelling stories every day.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to handle live, breaking news; conduct live interviews on a variety of topics; maintain an on-air persona that is friendly and authoritative; have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms.
Experience from a top 20 market is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• Five (5) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer system
*Must include a link to online reel when applying.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8n36-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.