Youngstown, Ohio's dominant, Murrow and Emmy® winning newsroom needs a dynamic storyteller to anchor our weekend newscasts. This position anchors and produces newscasts on one of our competitive duopoly stations, then reports 3 days a week as an MMJ.
You'll also get to live in a community with great food, great people and the largest city park in Ohio. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek Metroparks. Youngstown is also midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns, Steelers, Pirates or Indians game in about an hour.
The successful candidate will have at least 1 year of experience as an on-air journalist in a commercial television station, along with a track record of working efficiently, multi-tasking and troubleshooting in order to successfully meet challenging deadlines. You will excel at enterprising story ideas and developing sources.
Please be sure to include a link to your work in your resume.
JOB SUMMARY: Presenting, researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Conflict management.
• Detail oriented.
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
• Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (1) one-year experience as a multi-platform journalist.
Training/Equipment: Camera and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.