Dominant CBS/ABC combo serving the Tri-Cities, Tennessee and Virginia communities. We are in central proximity to major metropolitan areas, including Knoxville, Charlotte and Richmond. Our amazing work and play community is rich in history and home to the Birthplace of Country Music, Bristol Motor Speedway, and World Class Hiking and Fishing.
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Weekend Anchor/MMJ.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for more than 65 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Tri-Cities
WJHL is looking for a Weekend Anchor/MMJ to join our news team. The s uccessful candidate should have previous news anchoring or reporting experience. We are looking for someone who can enterprise stories and excels at breaking news . This person will anchor weekend morning newscasts and MMJ three days a week. Must be a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Build network of sources who supply information
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
• (2) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel