The News Anchor/Investigate Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Anchor multiple daily newscasts
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Develop ideas for realistic, executable, timely and important investigations on a daily basis.
• Collect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview and investigation
• Ability to investigate tips received by the newsroom as possible news stories
• Look for investigate angle on daily coverage
• Ability to work on larger, long-term investigations and help cover major stories and breaking news as needed.
• Gather and verify factual information through interview, observation and research.
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic writing, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience, plus 3 years of experience as a multi-platform journalist
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment, ENPS, Premiere editing
• Conflict management.
• Detail oriented.
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8yp6-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.