The Meteorologist forecast weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
WTTV/WXIN in Indianapolis, IN is looking for a Digital Meteorologist with a track record of strong breaking weather, accurate forecasting, and a driven personality for all branded newscasts and all digital platforms.
Once joining the Weather Authority team, you will focus on producing dynamic weather content both on air and online. This position requires strong digital and social media know-how to produce sharable content to our website, app and social media accounts. But this is not a behind-the-scenes only position. In addition to regular newscasts, you will appear regularly on our digital platforms, and also serve as a primary fill-in meteorologist for the almost 90 hours of news we produce on-air for both stations.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Produce & present weather content for all WXIN/WTTV digital and social media platforms
• Respond to breaking and severe weather events as required to produce content for our digital platforms
• Work with the entire Weather Authority team to support and extend comprehensive weather coverage on air and online
• Develop interesting and audience engaging ideas to attract users/viewers
• Engage with our audience on station-branded digital and social media accounts
• Participates in promotional activities on behalf of the stations
Requirements & Skills:
• Proven track record of accurate forecasting
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• At least 3 years on-air experience in a newsroom setting
• Strong command of all social media platforms
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to shoot video and perform non-linear editing a plus
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record required
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3yvj-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.