The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects, and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital advertising in the DMA covering Waco-Temple-Belton-Killeen-Bryan/College Station. Executes on this strategy; builds and maintains a healthy and growing funnel of potential opportunities. FOX44 offers exciting opportunity to develop innovative strategies to achieve sales goals, as well as make meaningful connections with our customers.
Prior sales experience is a plus; however, will train the right person on the technical aspects of our software and successful sales strategy and practices. The ideal candidate thrives on organization and understands the value of supporting others. If you are enthusiastic, friendly, and eager to make an impact, please apply.
Note: This opening is for our sales office site located in Waco, Texas.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
If you are passionate about a career in sales, have negotiation skills and a strong ability to connect with people we invite you to apply online.
Resumes, sales experience, relevant success stories can be emailed to Steve Guenzler, Director of Sales, SGuenzler@kwkt.com , and apply online at Nexstar.tv/careers. No telephone calls. EOE
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3483-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.