• New business development
• Focus on selling Colorado's Best, KWGN's lifestyle show
• Ability to create, present and sell customized and effective marketing campaigns across multiple media platforms
• Ability and passion for prospecting and obtaining new clients using client, category and industry insights
• Able to solve problems, collaborate with teammates and utilize all resources available
• Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
• Time management and the ability to juggle competing client needs
• Positive attitude, friendly demeanor and team player
• Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Responsible for the execution of client campaigns in all facets from start to finish
• Display a professional demeanor and exude high energy
• Must be a confident, flexible, multitasker, and be able to work independently
• Understand the competitive landscape and be a resource for clients on research, market and media trends
• Working knowledge of Wide Orbit, Nielsen, ComScore and Multi-platform sales experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. 1+ years of Media Sales experience preferred with history of success
Principals Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generate new business through prospecting, networking and other developmental techniques
• Develop and grow existing client relationships through excellent customer service
• Identify and understand the clients' advertising needs and develop successful marking solutions
• Create and deliver customized sales presentations in person, via phone and/ or via webinars
• Meet or exceed sales goals by utilizing creative resources to achieve results
• Provide creative and innovative solutions for customers utilizing industry trends, selling techniques and digital product knowledge
• Comprehensive working knowledge of media, digital assets, and industry sales tools
• Must be able to multi-task to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment and have a proven track record of sales success
If you are results-oriented and a well-organized self-starter, we want you to be part of our dynamic sales force.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The employee in this position must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the employee must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. You must apply online to be considered for this position.
Compensation Range: $40K Guarantee Base plus Commission ($100K Potential).
ABOUT US: FOX31 Denver and Colorado's Very Own 2 airs more than 100 hours a week in news and local programming – that's more than any our competitors. KDVR is the most watched morning and late news newscast. Stations also home to key sports programming NFL, MLB, World Series, Broncos, NASCAR and top rated syndication: Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, and others. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpwjb4-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.