The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing new business for KPLR-TV St. Louis.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community, providing outstanding customer service.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients, cold calling and prospecting is required.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, and minimum two years of experience in outside sales, preferably in the media field.
• Creativity, strong written/oral communication skills are required.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives, possess self-motivation skills, ability to implement the strategies and actions to achieve success.
• Must be able to work under pressure, be extremely organized, and maintain a team spirit.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.