The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
The FOX 5 Account Executive will:
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales strategies
• Develop new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted multi-platform campaigns
• Establish trusting relationships with clients and FOX 5 team members and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
• Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are new or expanding and meet requirements to be viable long-term FOX 5 clients
• Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
• Grow share of clients' advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
• Support collection of receivables
• Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
• Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
Candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
• Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset and collaborative spirit
• Strong time management skills and attention to detail
• Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
• Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media
• Media sales experience preferred and an excellent understanding of tv and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
• Ability to quickly recover from adversity and rejection
• Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people
• Professional appearance a must
• College degree preferred
• Reliable transportation, valid drivers license and a satisfactory driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbzmj-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.