Sales Account Executive
Local businesses are the heart of your community. We help local businesses thrive, by informing people about their amazing goods and services. Television and digital marketing work for the biggest corporations in the world – we're putting them to work for your neighbors!
We are WFXR/WWCW - the local FOX and CW affiliates serving Roanoke, Lynchburg, the New River Valley and surrounding counties. As a member of our team, you'll visit local businesses, find out what makes them unique, and help craft creative plans to share that information with our audience.
What you'll be doing:
• Ask questions to determine the needs of our existing clients and new businesses.
• Develop and present marketing plans in person or remotely.
• Explain how advertising connects buyers with the businesses that have what they're looking for .
• After your sales, you'll work with our creative team to develop and execute the vision you and your client created.
• Maintain your relationships and help your partners grow.
What's in it for you:
• Unlimited earning potential – good commission rates and bonuses
• Reliable bi-weekly paychecks
• Great benefits – Medical, dental, vision, 401k, legal support and more
• Advanced sales training, equipment, and support
• Work in a glamorous industry, meet business leaders, and develop local connections!
Additional Job Duties
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n0mj-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.