Who are we:
We are Nexstar Media Group, Inc., the largest TV station operator in the country. And we are also a technology company ready to embark upon transformative growth over the next decade. We produce and distribute engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year.
Nexstar owns America's largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 US markets reaching 212 million people. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering.
We are extremely proud of our collection of outstanding television stations, digital businesses, and talented employees nationwide. Within Nexstar Ad Sales, we are excited to transform our division; investing and building for the future while forging a culture that promotes our entrepreneurial spirit, embraces bold thinking, and challenges the conventional way. If you have the curiosity, passion, are inclusive and collaborative, work with us, and let's continue to make a difference for all our stakeholders ~ our colleagues, our customers, our owners, and the communities in which we operate.
Title: Account Executive
Reports to: Head of Sales
Base Salary range: $175k - $225K
Location: New York (Hybrid)
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving sales performance and meeting and exceeding revenue targets for all Nexstar properties. Will work closely with clients and agencies and ensure Nexstar as a 'must-buy' for advertisers to reach and engage audiences at scale across linear and digital platforms, leveraging the portfolio. Will grow and manage agency holding company and client relationships. Will perform with a client first approach and ensure impact using the full breadth of Nexstar's portfolio.
• Achieve revenue and growth targets across linear and digital. Identify and execute strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets.
• Grow and manage agency holding company relationships
• Develop and manage key client / advertiser relationships and evangelize the full suite of content and ad product offerings.
• Nurture and enhance relationships to become a more advanced resource for our clients
• Focus on helping clients/advertisers utilize innovative data and technology solutions to deliver high value precision targeting
• Build and maintain relationships with agencies and advertisers.
• Remain current with competitive networks and the overall marketplace
• Deliver revenue by packaging all Nexstar assets in one proposal
• Understand client's needs, prepare sales plans, proposals and (pitch) presentations.
• Identify new business; develop new relationships with key marketing/media decision makers.
• Negotiate and manage scatter and upfront business.
• Identify go to market strategies for sponsorships
• Grow strategic partnerships specializing in data enablement and advanced media.
• ccelerate revenue growth by extending and championing improved technologies and workflows across the org.
• Identify and capture strategic high-value opportunities
• Create differentiation in market to drive leadership
• Deliver marketers a superior advertising experience that utilizes insights to drive business outcomes
• Will partner closely with platform monetization on planning and packaging cross platform.Will collaborate closely with departments across the organization, including yield, marketing, operations, technology etc. to maximize partnership opportunities.
• Provide thought leadership with an emphasis on both actionable and future-state offerings within the digital space
• Manage the sales process from proposal through post-analysis and renewal/upsell
• Work effectively with team members throughout the portfolio; leverage relationships across the company to align client needs with all offerings
• 10+ years' experience in advertising, media, and relevant sales positions
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Holds an influential presence in advertising and media communities
• Strong ability to represent multiplatform
• Extensive experience in linear and digital advertising sales
• Established relationships with key agency and client contacts within the market
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to develop and present strategic updates to internal and external stakeholders
• Strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful
• Exceptional ability to develop and maintain cross-functional relationships
• Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• The ability to work well with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize, and balance multiple tasks
• Creative problem-solving skills and solution-oriented attitude
• Strong attention to detail
Nexstar offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, life and short-term disability insurance, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, jury duty service time off, military leave, and medical/maternity & family leave.
Nexstar is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the industry's top talent. In compliance with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected personal characteristic. Additionally, it is and shall continue to be our policy to provide promotion and advancement opportunities within the Company in a nondiscriminatory fashion based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5531-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.