Nexstar Media Inc. is America's largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
Are you an effective seller ready to take your career to the next level? KLAS TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, has an immediate opening for an Account Executive II. The right candidate will receive an active client list and shadow a Senior AE. Your job will be to grow market share and develop new business using CBS Prime, premium sports like the NCAA March Madness Tournament, NFL Football, and top-rated news.
The Account Executive II, will have some media sales experience. The ideal candidate will generate new advertising revenue by cold-calling prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital media advertising. This is a salaried/commissioned position.Includes full benefit package, paid holidays, 401K.
• Required to develop new business accounts
• Identify and contact new prospective advertisers
• Execute and achieve sales goals
• Tabulate pending sales to Local Sales Manager
• Re-engage former clients and prospects
• Create and sell unique marketing solutions
• Adhere to rate guidelines unless deviation is authorized by Sales Manager
• Use digital/online and events opportunities to provide 360-degree advertiser solutions
• Maintain visibility at appropriate local functions
• Manage projects internally to provide effective production, promotions, and/or news integration to advertising clients
• Additional duties as necessary
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Account Executive II must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r034b8-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.