The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
We are looking for someone with a cheerful outlook, strong work ethic, a desire to build trusting relationships with our clients and who is well connected in the Hawaii DMA.
KHON2, KHII & CW is home to community focused local news, top-quality locally produced programming, KHON2.com and the most technologically advanced digital marketing solutions in the market.
You will work with local sales management to help businesses reach their potential using commercial and digital advertising solutions and be provided continual professional development opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to produce effective commercials
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record and reliable transportation are necessary
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• The ideal candidate should have solid computer skills, the ability to work in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and a pleasant personality that works well in a collaborative setting.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe724-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.