Dominant CBS/FOX/CW/MYRI combo serving the Providence/New Bedford DMA. We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Sales Account Executive. Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for over 68 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Rhode Island
The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects, and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital advertising. This position is located at WPRI-TV.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Super multi-tasker and team player who focuses on customer service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32p09-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.