The Hill, a division of Nexstar Media, seeks a smart, creative, and highly focused Account Director to secure and drive media sales partnerships. Reporting to The Hill's Head of Sales, the Account Director will be expected to create and expand relationships at the local, regional, and national levels, and should possess a deep understanding of the Washington DC and national advertising marketplaces.
This role contributes to The Hill's growth by selling sophisticated digital media and cross-platform programs to a territory of associations, corporations, and coalitions. Beyond standard display and video products, we incorporate social media, newsletters, sponsored and branded content/events into client proposals.
We're looking for solutions-based sellers who are well-versed in developing creative solutions for potential partners that meet and enhance their business objectives. The ideal candidate is a digitally savvy sales leader and a consultative seller who is driven, strategic and accountable. S/he should have a keen interest in and knowledge of politics, policy, and the happenings on Capitol Hill. S/he should bring professionalism, energy, and creativity into the sales organization, adding perspective and value to the existing team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Building and executing against a strategic and aggressive plan to grow revenue by bringing in new partners while also optimizing existing relationships through up-sells and cross-sells
• Selling multiplatform programs across digital, newsletters, events, print, and HillTV
• Identifying creative and original streams of sponsorship revenue and strategically cultivating relationships to secure deals
• Managing a territory of senior-level accounts
• Demonstrating a keen understanding of client/partner needs, marketplace, and competitors
• Collaborating with the marketing and events teams to create sponsorship opportunities
• Communicating extensively and effectively with both clients and internal teams
• Creating and sustaining strong relationships with clients
• Consistently exceeding sales goals
The Account Director should be:
• A motivated, resourceful, and responsive contributor with a focus on meeting and exceeding goals
• Focused on cultivating and maintaining client relationships to drive business
• Deeply experienced in selling digital and social media packages
• A successful seller of sponsorship opportunities, including events and branded content
• Personally interested in and knowledgeable of advocacy and the DC advertising market
• A savvy, consultative seller who approaches clients with an understanding of their needs and how to best partner in order to achieve those objectives
• A concise and effective communicator, both written and verbal
• Experienced in creating compelling, thoughtful, and unique proposals to engage potential clients and spark consultative conversation
• Naturally both competitive and collaborative
• Respectful of both colleagues and clients; a person of impeccable integrity
About The Hill:
Established in 1994, The Hill is the country's definitive digital source for non-partisan political news and information. Inside the Beltway, it's known as an essential, agenda-setting read for lawmakers and influencers. Beyond the Capitol, The Hill's trusted content is shared more often on social media than any other major political news brand in America.
Our properties include TheHill.com, reaching a monthly audience of 41M; Hill.TV, the largest independent video platform within the Beltway with 1.4B annual views; The Hill's print edition, one of the most influential sources for law and policy makers; Elevate Studios, creating breakthrough branded content offerings for leading marketers; and The Hill Events, which hosted 70 virtual events last year, featuring 92 Members of Congress and 88 industry leaders in meaningful policy discussions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rop4jp-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.