Nexstar Digital seeks a smart, creative, and highly focused Account Director to secure and drive partnerships. Reporting directly to the Head of National Sales, the Director will be expected to create and expand relationships at the local, regional, and national levels, and will therefore possess a deep understanding of the Washington DC market as well as the national advertising marketplace. The successful candidate will sell sophisticated digital media and cross-platform programs to a territory of associations, corporations, and coalitions, incorporating social media, sponsored and branded content/events, and OTT. As such, she or he will be well-versed in developing creative solutions for potential partners that meet and enhance their business objectives and will exhibit the solutions-based approach and high-touch professionalism that properly reflects the culture of Nexstar Digital.
Critically, the Director will be a digitally savvy sales leader and a consultative seller who is driven, strategic and accountable. She or he will have a keen interest in and knowledge of politics, policy, and the happenings in their territory. She or he will infuse professionalism, energy, and creativity into the sales organization, adding perspective and value to the existing team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Building and executing against a strategic and aggressive plan to grow revenue by bringing in new partners while also optimizing existing relationships through up -sells and cross-sells;
• Selling multiplatform programs across digital, newsletters, events, print, and OTT/CTV;
• Identifying creative and original streams of sponsorship revenue and strategically cultivating relationships to secure deals;
• Managing a territory of senior-level accounts,
• Demonstrating a keen understanding of client/partner needs, marketplace, and competitors;
• Collaborating with the marketing and events teams to create sponsorship opportunities;
• Communicating extensively and effectively with both clients and internal teams ;
• Creating and sustaining strong relationships with clients;
• Consistently exceeding sales goals.
The Account Director will be:
• A motivated, resourceful, and responsive contributor with a focus on meeting and exceeding goals;
• Focused on cultivating and maintaining client relationships to drive business;
• Deeply experienced in selling digital and social media packages;
• A successful seller of sponsorship opportunities, including events and branded content ;
• Personally interested in and knowledgeable of advocacy and the political advertising market;
• A savvy, consultative seller who approaches clients with an understanding of their needs and how to best partner in order to achieve those objectives;
• A concise and effective communicator, both written and verbal;
• Experienced in creating compelling, thoughtful, and unique proposals to engage potential clients and spark consultative conversation;
• Naturally both competitive and collaborative;
• Respectful of both colleagues and clients; a person of impeccable integrity.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred. A valid driver's license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required.
Training/Equipment: Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced office environment with deadlines. Successful candidates are comfortable with day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. After all, it is digital.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5jy0z-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.