NewsNation, the fastest growing cable news network, is seeking an experienced video editor and compositor to work in the NewsNation Creative Marketing department. This person would report to the Executive Creative Director, and work alongside the Head of Design, Creative Directors, and designers and producers. You'll be working on high-end network campaigns and promotional spots, corporate sizzle reels, and show opens and packages, in various capacities from concept to completion. Based in Chicago, NewsNation is building the next 24/7, unbiased, fact-based cable news network – News for All America.
Summary of Role: As an Editor, you are a natural storyteller creating the story arc of the video(s). You are supporting the story development of NewsNation brand messages, working in direct collaboration with the group's Creative Directors, Head of Design, and producers and designers. As a Compositor, you are responsible for creating the seamlessly integrated combination of live-action, motion graphics, backplates, and visual effects and audio for a wide variety of deliverables.
• 7-10 years of advanced experience with the entire Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects (along with numerous plugins and scripts)
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Video Production, Film, or related fields
• Must be able to take direction from Creative leads, while also providing independent ideas/direction for projects from concept through completion
• Familiarity with best practices of a VFX studio including directory structures, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, and dailies
• Live-action and CG visual effects compositing experience, including but not limited to Blue/Green screens, keying, CG integration, color correction, paint fixes, rotoscoping, and performing 2D/3D camera and plate tracking.
• Animation of useful graphics package elements and systems for editors (lower thirds, title cards, logo intros, transitions, etc.)
• Have a reliable workflow for post-production and motion design
• Able to provide organized working files to various vendors for finishing when necessary
• Execute (or manage) color correction and mix and be able to deliver final high-res broadcast files
• Fluent in the spectrum of video compression and audio codecs, color spaces, bitrates, frame rates, and aspect ratios in a constantly changing medium
• Comfortable delivering files in any size and format for optimal quality on any platform
• Can shift from one assignment or style to another with ease
• Able to handle audio sweetening and editing
• Strong command of graphic design skills and promotional script writing a plus
• Good photographic understanding of light, depth of field, distortion, and motion blur
• Creative mindset adept at storytelling, with a thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, with an ability to accept and give direction
• Grace under pressure with high integrity
• Must be able to work well in a team environment
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours for tight deadlines and during peak seasons
• Operates with an effective, well-balanced combination of strong functional expertise and organizational savvy to drive and deliver key business results
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq0no-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.