NewsNation, America's newest primetime cable news network, is seeking to hire a Sr. Digital Producer/Audience Engagement Editor to deliver content that grows audience across a three-screen experience (digital, mobile, TV) for the cable network's news and talk show programming. This is a great opportunity for an experienced digital journalist to inform and implement a multiplatform, multichannel editorial strategy that aligns with the network's mission of being a fact-based, unbiased national news network.
NewsNation is America's source for unbiased news, where engaged citizens get news that represents the full range of perspectives across the country. The team is led by veteran journalists and draws on the local, regional and national expertise of Nexstar's 5,400 journalists in 110 local newsrooms across the country. Formerly known as WGN America, the network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc, the country's largest owner of local TV stations, and reaches 75 million television households in the US
• Oversee and organize work performed by digital producers, reporters, editors and video leads during assigned shift.
• Monitor performance and optimize production and processes to meet hourly, daily and weekly KPIs.
• Manage daily content plan by identifying and assigning stories and content needs based on the news of the day and trending topics.
• Develop multiple ideas off a single news topic to push stories forward daily
• Use audience analytics and digital platform data to inform assignments and programming decisions.
• Lead breaking news coverage on all digital platforms.
• Supervise the work of digital reporters and producers, with an emphasis on grooming pitches and content generation.
• Provide editorial feedback and guidance to staff.
• Train and ensure digital staff know how to use and take the most advantage of digital publishing tools and processes that aid in content creation, curation, circulation and distribution.
• Assists in the hiring of digitally savvy journalists.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• 5+ years overseeing digital media operation
• 3+ years working in major market or national newsroom
• Quick decision maker and creative thinker
• Strong news judgement and ability to determine when local stories have national appeal
• Excellent communicator, both oral written
• Flexibility to work any shift; early morning, late night and/or weekend shifts may be required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roepj2-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.