NewsNation is looking for a reporter based in Washington, DC for our News Nation newscast.
We are looking for the right combination of personality, news judgment, and experience.
The reporter will be involved with every aspect of the broadcast and will produce compelling stories every night. The reporter and crew will be ready to launch across Washington, DC to handle any breaking story.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to handle live, breaking news; conduct live interviews on a variety of topics; maintain an on-air persona that is friendly and authoritative; have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms and must have the ability to write a compelling news script under deadline pressure. Experience from a top 20 market is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• (5) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
*Must include a link to online reel when applying.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykwjq-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.