NewsNation is building a new national media outlet for all Americans. We think there's an unmet need for news that isn't tilted toward one side or another.
NewsNation focuses on facts, multiple perspectives and respecting all points of view across all 50 states. We're dedicated to a truly all-platform experience: a national cable channel plus a vibrant digital presence.
We are seeking a Digital Producer who is savvy in collaborating to create digital-friendly journalism. This job is based in Chicago and may include a weekend shift.
• Update NewsNationNow digital platforms (website, app, email, social) with breaking news and topical news of the day.
• Craft compelling headlines, teases and social media posts that encourage followers to click into story watch video and/or interact with the digital platform.
• Package content that encourages audience engagement to stay on the page longer or view more pages per visit.
• Pitch stories daily and develop multiple ideas off a single news topic that pushes stories forward
• Use data to inform content programming decisions
• Create digital-first content, as needed, that brings audience to the site and keeps them on the site longer.
• Edit wire and local network-affiliated content for a national audience to ensure standards for journalistic integrity and production quality are met.
• Clip broadcast segments for publishing across all digital platforms and social media channels.
• Utilize SEO best practices.
• 3+ years working as a digital reporter or producer in a major market or national newsroom
• Strong news judgement and ability to determine when local stories have national appeal
• Experience working with video inside Anvato, BitCentral, OBS, Latakoo a plus.
• Excellent communicator, both oral written
• Early morning, late night and/or weekend shifts may be required
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
About Nexstar and Nexstar Digital
Nexstar Inc. is the digital arm of Nexstar Media Group, Inc., America's largest local television broadcast company, with 199 TV stations in 116 markets reaching nearly 68% of US television households. Nexstar's digital division develops platforms that deliver exceptional local and national journalism and original content across 120 owned-and-operated websites, 284 mobile apps, and a growing number of OTT apps while providing premium, scalable advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpeo39-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.