NewsNation is seeking a correspondent to cover health and medical news for the network.
We are looking for the right combination of expertise, news judgment and storytelling abilities. The correspondent will be expected to along with a medical producer produce breaking news, in-depth explanatory stories, and human-interest features as it relates to health and medicine.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to write a compelling news script under deadline pressure, to report live, maintain an on-air persona that is friendly and authoritative, have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms.
The position would be based in Chicago, New York, or Washington, DC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Stay atop latest medical news and health and wellness trends
• Cultivate sources in medical and scientific communities
• Crisply, clearly and concisely convey medical and scientific information in a clear and compelling manner
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required
• Medical degree or master's in public health desired (equivalent years of experience covering health/medicine/science may substitute for education)
• (5) years television anchoring, reporting or commentary experience also desired
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all network personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
• Must include a link to online reel when applying.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjz20-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.