NewsNation seeks an experienced Executive Producer to helm a daily news program. This position is based at headquarters in Chicago. Duties include leading a staff of producers on story selection, content, pace and flow. The Executive Producer stays abreast of current news topics and developing storylines. Leads daily meetings where story and topic ideas are pitched, discussed and assigned. The ideal candidate must bring creative ideas to the table; ably leads team through ideation, development, and production. The executive producer must have a clear vision, motivational leadership style, be proactive and solution oriented.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with News Nation Network leadership team on the overall editorial vision for daily news program
• Hire and manage newsroom employees working on the program
• Direct the daily editorial decision making and show production to deliver an informative, insightful, and well-rounded program
• Must be attuned to cross-platform strategies to have brand consistency across broadcast and digital
• Must have a vision and develop strategies to ensure ratings success.
Requirements & Skills:
• 10+ years experience producing for a national news program or producing newscasts in a top 10 market
• Strong news judgement
• Quick decision maker and creative thinker
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent copy-editing skills are also a must.
• Must also be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees all while understanding you are leading by example.
• Ability to adapt to change, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency with ENPS
• Flexibility to work different shifts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98eez-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.