EDITOR - NewsNation
Who we are:
NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation is currently searching for a part-time editor for our national newscasts, for our national newscasts, based in our new New York studios, with the opportunity for full-time staff positions as operations expand.
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
• Editing assignments will range from quick voice overs, news packaged, to long form documentary style pieces, and maintain sound news judgment
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Five plus (5+) years' editing experience in fast-paced live television environment required
• Must be proficient in Adobe Premiere.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment, be able to multitask. A problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to find work arounds.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a ''press-on-regardless'' attitude.
• All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.3
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred.
This is an IBEW union position and union membership is required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9z7b-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.