NewsNation is building a new national media outlet for all Americans. We think there's an unmet need for news that isn't tilted toward one side or another. NewsNation focuses on facts, multiple perspectives and respecting all points of view across all 50 states. We're dedicated to a truly all-platform experience: a national cable channel plus a vibrant digital presence.
The Digital Producer for newsletters and ''News Across America'' is responsible for creating our daily news newsletter while tracking metrics and ensuring success across current and future newsletters. This Digital Producer will also ensure that NewsNation's website and apps reflect news that is happening all across America, including news coverage from Nexstar's extensive local reporting teams.
This person is a strong journalist, using their expertise to hone in on the most important and most interesting news items, and integrating the stories, videos and pictures into content our readers and viewers want to see.
This position reports to a Senior Digital Producer for National News.
This position will either be weeknights or weekday mornings.
This position will be based in Chicago.
• Create and produce the daily morning news email, including writing the copy and selecting all referenced stories
• Track metrics and help lead overall newsletter strategy and tactics
• Create and/or execute best practices for newsletter creation and content execution
• Oversee and organize news from across America for the website and apps.
• Curate and pull local news affiliate content optimizing the stories and social copy with a national focus.
• Foster relationships with local news affiliates around the country to assist in broader coverage plans
• Perform other duties of Digital Producers as needed.
• 2+ years working with digital media including experience with newsletters and digital storytelling on social and web
• Experience local or national newsrooms (broadcast, print or digital)
• Quick decision maker and creative thinker
• Strong news judgement and ability to determine when local stories have national appeal
• Experience working in a broadcast environment or in a digital-first operation a plus
• Excellent communicator, both oral written
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9kp1k-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.