NewsNation, America's newest primetime cable news network, is seeking to hire a Digital Executive Producer to develop strategy that grows audience across a three-screen experience (digital, mobile, TV) for the cable network's news and talk show programming. This is a great opportunity for an experienced digital journalist to craft and implement an editorial strategy that aligns with the network's mission of being a fact-based, unbiased national news network.
NewsNation is America's source for unbiased news, where engaged citizens get news that represents the full range of perspectives across the country. The team is led by veteran journalists and draws on the local, regional and national expertise of Nexstar's 5,400 journalists in 110 local newsrooms across the country.
Formerly known as WGN America, the network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc, the country's largest owner of local TV stations, and reaches 75 million television households in the US
• Develop editorial strategy and oversee execution of NewsNationNow digital platforms, including website, social media, email, notifications, video and livestreaming.
• Direct editorial decision making for all platforms.
• Maintain editorial integrity and uphold network's mission to provide bias-free news.
• Supervise the work of senior digital producers and social media manager, with an emphasis on grooming pitches and content generation.
• Develop multiple ideas off a single news topic to push stories forward daily
• Use data to inform and define digital editorial content strategy.
• Optimize digital content production that benefits audience, sales and marketing needs.
• Analyze and communicate audience trends to staff and executive team.
• Monitor and optimize performance to meet daily, weekly and monthly KPIs.
• Hire and oversee team of digitally savvy journalists.
• Train digital team and broader newsroom on digital publishing best practices.
• Be a subject matter expert on search engine optimization and digital audience data trends.
• Escalate and troubleshoot digital platform issues.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• 10+ years overseeing digital media operation
• 5+ years working in major market or national newsroom
• Quick decision maker and creative thinker
• Strong news judgement and ability to determine when local stories have national appeal
• Excellent communicator, both oral written
• Enjoys working across the organization training journalists on digital best practices
• Flexibility to work any shift; early morning, late night and/or weekend shifts may be required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nxzn-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.