NewsNation is seeking a focused, driven, and enterprising journalist to join our Washington, DC bureau as a news producer helping to oversee daily coverage of the federal government, including the White House and Congress, as well as general news in the region and elsewhere.
The producer will partner with network correspondents to provide coverage across platforms for News Nation.
The position will be based in Washington, DC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Be able to fully report stories emanating from briefings, new conferences, events and statements
• Demonstrated ability to tailor reporting and storytelling to help explain complex topics to audiences on broadcast and digital platforms
• Demonstrated ability to field produce, craft scripts, and manage planning and logistics
• Cultivate sources which help cover up to the minute developments and break news from both houses of Congress
• Assist bureau management in daily and long-term scheduling of personnel and editorial planning
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required
• At least three to five years broadcast or digital production experience
• Background in reporting, research and writing
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Washington, DC but travel as needed domestically and international
• Understand importance of social media and social newsgathering
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all network personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwo50-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.