DC Bureau Photographer
NewsNation is looking for a versatile news producer in our Washington, DC bureau.
The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with an interest in national news and a passion for journalism. This person will work with the bureau team by scheduling, researching, investigating, and reporting the news in a dynamic, fast paced environment. The right candidate may also find experts for live newsmaker interviews and develop leads. We are committed to producing stories that steer away from bias and present all sides of an issue
The News Producer works with DC Bureau reporters to present interesting and compelling stories. The producer should be an excellent writer and have the ability to identify the best video and sound in assembling a story under deadline pressure.
• Must have outstanding communication and presentation skills, and be creative in storytelling
• Gather resources and verify information from across all Nexstar's stations
• Produce several stories a night with the reporter, varying in length from VO/SOT's to full packages
• Communicate effectively with bureau chief and executive producer, other producers, editors and photographers
• Strong research skills in national and international news, staying up-to-date on current events
• Produce content across all platforms
• Write stories for the website and other digital platforms
• Approves scripts
• Rough video edits
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 5+ years producing experience; College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
• Extensive knowledge of current events required
• Exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling storytelling.
• Must have strong collaborative spirit in a fast-paced news environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z897-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.