NewsNation is seeking a correspondent to cover business, the economy, and technology for the network.
The correspondent will along with a producer cover business news, economic stories and consumer trends helping to leave the audience better informed and positioned to make decisions about their money.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to write a compelling news script under deadline pressure, to report live, maintain an on-air persona that is friendly and authoritative, have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms.
The position would be based in New York or Chicago.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Stay atop of the financial markets, business news, consumer trends
• Cultivate sources in the business and tech communities
• Clearly and concisely report on the financial markets and consumers and impact on consumers
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• (5) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all network personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
• Must include a link to online reel when applying.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn6wy-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.