Business Beat Producer
NewsNation is seeking a focused, driven, and enterprising journalist to join our network to produce stories centered on business and technology. The business producer will help drive the network's coverage of business, the economy, and technology.
The producer will along with a correspondent cover business news, economic stories, technology news and consumer trends helping to leave the audience better informed and positioned to make decisions about their money.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Stay atop of the financial markets, business news, consumer trends
• Cultivate sources in the business and tech communities
• Demonstrated ability to field produce, craft scripts, and manage planning and logistics
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required
• At least three to five years broadcast or digital production experience
• Prior experience covering business and the economy preferred
• Background in reporting, research and writing
• Understand importance of social media and social newsgathering
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all network personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89ye6-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.