We are looking for a hardworking, creative, and proactive Associate Booking Producer to join NewsNation at its headquarters in Chicago. As a Associate Booking Producer, you will work with show producers to line up guests relevant to the news of the day. You have excellent organizational and communication skills and work well under deadline pressure.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify top tier guests, cultivate relationships and firm book them for the show
• Find reliable guests/witnesses quickly during breaking news situations
• Organize and produce elements for show segments
• Pitch stories daily
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on range of topics
• Monitor the latest news and locate people, images, and sound editorial information via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dataminr, YouTube, and other platforms
• Work closely with producers, talent, & management to ensure we stay on top of the latest news, with relevant guests
• Work closely with show's producer, talent and management to ensure topical and relevant guests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree is preferred
• Extensive list of contacts, and ability to find and book high-profile guests, as well as people at the center of major news stories
• Flexibility with your hours, as breaking news or major events warrant
• 3-5 years of experience in television
• Strong editorial judgement
• Knowledge of and passion for current events and politics.
• Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Experience with Lexis Nexis, ENPS would be valuable
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33489-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.