NewsNation is looking for an Assignment Desk Editor to work out of our headquarters in Chicago.
• Identify news of day
• Assist the Managing Editor in assigning NewsNation correspondents, photographers and producers
• Work with 195 Nexstar-owned tv stations to harness additional reporting resources and story elements
• Communicate story developments with network's broadcast and digital teams
• Respond quickly to breaking news
• Coordinate booking of transmission facilities and satellite space for live/tape feeds
• Utilize various file sharing platforms to gather video
• Find compelling user generated stories and clear using proper language user generated content
• Follow and communicate Rights and Clearances restrictions
The successful candidate will be a smart, fast researcher and will be able to track down information and officials on big news stories as they break. This person should be organized, quick thinking and aggressive to respond to breaking news in a 24/7 environment. The candidate should have an undergraduate college degree in communications, journalism or related field, and possess a strong knowledge of the national news scene. Three-Five years of newsroom experience is a must. The candidate must also have the ability to handle a busy, fast-paced environment, fielding many phone calls and requests from reporters, crews, and producers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8992q-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.