NewsNation is looking for an Assignment Desk Editor/Regional Specialist to work out of our headquarters in Chicago.
• Identify news of interest to a national audience
• Research stories, conduct outreach to sources, monitor and clear user generated content
• Coordinate coverage of news stories: news of day, breaking news, continuing stories with correspondents, producers and photojournalists
• Work with 195 Nexstar-owned T.V. stations to harness additional reporting resources and story elements and to provide News Nation content to stations
• Occasionally coordinate booking of transmission facilities and satellite space for live/tape feeds
• Utilize various file sharing platforms to gather video Utilize various file sharing platforms to gather video
• Follow and communicate Rights and Clearances restrictions
• The candidate should have an undergraduate college degree in communications, journalism or related field, and possess a strong knowledge of the national news scene.
• Three to five years of newsroom experience is a must.
• This candidate should be organized, quick thinking and aggressive to respond to breaking news in a 24/7 environment.
• The candidate must also have the ability to handle a busy, fast-paced environment, fielding many phone calls and requests from reporters, crews, and producers.
• The candidate should be an effective in both oral and written communication.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmq31-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.