REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Publications/Editorial Staff
JOB STATUS: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
The Publications Assistant will provide customer service to existing and potential subscribers through our designated phone line and will also assist the editorial staff with basic editing and fact-checking of Yankees publications. The ideal candidate will balance these primary duties to ensure timely completion of department projects and stories. The expected schedule is approximately 30 hours per week and will be on-site. This is a 3-month temporary position.
• Handle incoming calls to publications sales call center; process orders for subscriptions and other purchases; maintain and update subscriber data
• Edit and fact-check statistics and stories for Yankees Magazine and other publications as assigned
• Write front-of-book and other roundup content as needed
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned, including maintenance of digital archives, storage space and records
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (or working toward) in Business, Sport Management, Journalism, Communications, English or related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Flexible work schedule
• Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The hourly rate for this position is $17.50/hour.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv2850-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.