Part-time Performance Science Biomechanics Assistant
The Performance Science Biomechanics Assistant will gain hands-on experience in sports biomechanics research in a high performance baseball setting. The primary responsibilities of the Biomechanics Assistant will be to assist in data collection and processing of a variety of biomechanics projects and technologies. The Assistant will gain knowledge of the role biomechanics serves in professional baseball.
• Assist with all aspects of the Performance Science Department with regard to collection, input, analysis and interpretation of data to inform the organization
• Collect, process and analyze biomechanical data in programs such as Vicon Nexus, Visual 3D and your preferred programming language
• Assist in preparation of coach- and player-facing research reports based on findings
Qualifications and Experience:
• Graduate-level degree in Biomechanics, Bioengineering, Kinesiology or Neuroscience
• Experience collecting and analyzing 3D Motion Capture data (e.g., marker-based, markerless, IMUs) on human subjects
• Programming experience (e.g., Matlab, SQL, R, Python)
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
• High level of organization and attention to detail, with an ability to multi-task
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d938e7-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.