Full Time Job
Sr Producer 10 News First
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionParamount is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What's more, you'll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (Network 10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
As a Senior Producer at 10 News First you'll be a valued member of our editorial team and have the newsroom experience to step into most roles as required. You will supervise News Bulletins when required and have high-level control room and lineup skills. Your multitasking abilities will help ensure 10 News First productions go to air accurately and smoothly. This is a permanent full time role based in our Melbourne newsroom.
Functions will include:
• Help oversee the day-to-day requirements of news productions
• Lead a news team, backing up the Executive Producer or Supervising Producer as required
• Lineup News Bulletins
• Actively contribute to editorial decisions, finding and pitching stories that are relevant to our viewers
• Story writing and editing
• Produce news content for digital and social channels
• Producing a dynamic bulletin, including story development, script approvals, graphics and animations from inception of ideas to on-air
• Produce News Special Events
• Manage time pressures and be able to meet multiple daily deadlines
• Give guidance and feedback to other staff
What are we looking for in a Senior Producer? What's important?
• A news junkie who is across the issues that are important to our audience
• 7+ years of newsroom experience.
• Degree or other tertiary education in Journalism
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines
• Control room and Line-Up experience
• Availability to work weekends and early/late shifts
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia's First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world's oldest living cultures.
At 10 Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pm7p-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.