The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
NetherRealm Studios, a leading video game developer is looking for experienced Systems Engineer to join their IT Team. We are looking for candidates with experience working in data centers, managing cloud infrastructure and production systems. The candidates applying for this position should have a strong desire to research, investigate, look for improvements and act on them and be able to adopt to a constantly changing environment. NetherRealm's System Engineers are responsible for ongoing support of operations of our data center, cloud infrastructure and applications. In addition, this position will work closely with the industry leading game development disciplines to provide system design, performance analysis and engineering of innovative solutions for various cross discipline systems and processes.
• Provides level 3-5 day-to-day support for all console and mobile game development requests, and production system environments running in all hosting platforms
• Leads the engineering and development of innovative technologies and best practices for internal and external hosting of AWS and VMWare systems in support of strategic plans, roadmap, and system and game development lifecycle management. Implements complex and comprehensive solutions/projects related to performance, availability of systems and security
• Provides maintenance, management, and support of current On-Prem and Cloud infrastructure. Manages vendor relationship and performance pertaining to engineering, design, technology roadmap and system optimization.
• Participates in projects requested by game development teams or internally to facilitate improvements to production processes and/or infrastructure.
• Provides leadership and execution of initiatives related to capacity and planning, high availability and overall hosting security standards
• Previous experience in a similar role within an enterprise environment
• Strong experience in system design, implementation, system capacity planning (NetApp, VMWare, or Atlassian suite)
• An understanding of network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and wireless
• Experienced with cloud solutions design & operations (such as AWS, Azure etc)
• Experienced with Linux (RedHat, Amazon Linux, etc.) and Microsoft Windows OS (including Windows 2016/2019 servers) within a mixed environment.
The Nice to Haves
• Previous game development support is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rboy9e-54-210-223-150-42 in your application.