As we expand globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to help us scale. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are seeking a seasoned Workplace Operations Manager as part of our L.A. Workplace Operations team based out of our Hollywood location. This position reports to the Manager, Building Infrastructure and will be responsible for facility operations in Netflix buildings including technical infrastructure. This role will work extensively with third party service providers and landlord partners on site to ensure optimized performance that exceeds expectations for our business.
This role will work closely with all of our CREWS teams including Experience, Food & Beverage, Events, Logistics, Relocations and the Design and Construction team as we align and move with velocity towards proactive solutions to ensure employees can achieve their highest productivity in our workspaces. We don't want to just be a place to work, we want to be THE place to work.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and able to pivot when necessary. The ability to juggle multiple, diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times is required. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive, a positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading all facilities and building operations for Netflix buildings,including maintenance and vendors.
• Oversee and develop a team of Workplace specialists, technicians, coordinators and third party support personnel.
• Ensure vendor support meets KPI metrics and satisfaction of workplace operations including but not limited to repairs, maintenance and technical support .
• Must establish and manage design & build procedures as well as predictive, corrective, and routine work requests that include coordinating with repair technicians or other outside vendors
• Analyze work orders proactively to understand any trends in Netflix buildings. Leverage work order tracking data to mitigate recurring maintenance concerns.
• Plan for the future by forecasting facilities' upcoming infrastructure needs and requirements such as end of life equipment replacement(s)
• Partner with the Workplace Design and Construction team on Day Two capital projects.
• Generate and maintain preventative maintenance scope/work plans for HVAC, MEP and FLS systems.
• Manage Reg 4 scheduling and activities
• Oversee facilities audits to ensure Netflix properties are properly maintained and meet company standards as well as all safety and sustainability guidelines.
• Immediately recognize operational shortcomings, respond to emergency situations, and provide technical guidance and direction during real-time facility incidents.
• Communicate and act in a consulting capacity with projects and new design.
• Clearly communicate program updates and information to the team, stakeholders and employees.
• Prepare weekly meeting reports and presentations as required. Facilitate weekly coordination meetings for building infrastructure team
• On-call 24/7 for the support and coordination of any emergency repair or situation. Resolve emergencies as they arise in the most urgent manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Proven track record of managing and scaling a team to keep up with rapid company growth
• BOMA/BOMI certification, highly preferred
• Extensive knowledge of critical infrastructure including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire life safety systems required
• Technical management of team minimum of 5-7 years experience
• Ability to understand and digest complex concepts and projects
• Extensive experience with ''back-of-house'' services while understanding the required partnership with ''front of house'' needs and schedule
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, think outside the box and produce innovative solutions.
• Proficiency in working with ambiguous requirements and taking smart risks
• Responsible for maintaining timesheets, expense reports and vacation tracking
• Excellent time management skills
• Working knowledge of central utility plant operations, generators, building systems, control logic and operating protocols, plumbing/water distribution and sewage systems, fire alarm and high voltage distribution.
• Working knowledge of the Uniform Mechanical and Plumbing Codes, National Electrical Code, Title 24, California Building and Safety Codes, and other applicable State and Federal Codes.
• Ability to read technical drawings and understand code compliance
• Building Management Systems (BMS) operations experience required
• Computerized Maintenance Management System experience a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvnepm-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.