Los Angeles, CA
As Netflix looks forward into the future of production, virtual production will exist as a core tenant, enabling Netflix unique roster of creatives with breakthrough real-time technologies & dynamic new collaborative workflows.
Netflix is seeking an experienced candidate to join Netflix as a Coordinator, Virtual Production (NLAB). NLAB empowers global technical and creative production communities and filmmakers to investigate and share new ways of producing content through emerging technology by way of NLAB Pioneer Projects and Experiences.
The successful candidate will be calm under pressure, self-motivated, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail at all times. Experience and sincere passion for working in the space of Virtual Production or tackling complex visual effects challenges is a requirement.
Netflix maintains a broad definition of Virtual Production that leverages real-time technologies as a means towards creative problem solving and an approach to production that connects all parts of the production process (pre through post). The role of the Virtual Production Coordinator supports the Virtual Production Manager and broader VProd & VFX teams across a variety of duties including but not limited to engaging in partnerships with technology vendors, scheduling and communication, developing and maintaining studio tools and workflow, coordinating virtual production special projects, and supporting various creative, infrastructure, and educational initiatives. The primary focus of this role is to work closely with the Virtual Production department to stay on top of and help guide the growing opportunity across Netflix global ecosystems in preparation for the growing content slate.
A successful candidate will be someone who is an impactful, proactive thinker and excellent communicator, curious about a variety of production and support disciplines, and challenges prevailing assumptions to help Netflix create new and improved workflows. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires an effective communicator who is able to exercise good judgement and demonstrates initiative. Applicants should be willing to embark in blue sky science, gazing into the future of filmmaking, while determining practical applications that can apply back to Netflix's core production offerings.
• Under the guidance of the Virtual Production Manager, liaise between vendors, crew, and internal teams.
• Provide research to support efforts to create better alignment between technology partners and cross-functional projects & studio teams.
• Foster the adoption of new practices, frameworks and technology as it applies to Virtual Production within the company through helping prepare presentations, financial metrics, and aiding the development of in-house tools for project management.
• Organize and administer various internal and external workflows including but not limited to, budgeting, talent acquisition/hiring, calendaring, talent onboarding, contracting, project status, and delivery.
• Facilitate evolution of Virtual Production and VFX tracking software and internal systems. Manage enhancement requests as needed.
• Track and maintain virtual production and NLAB weekly reports and milestones and keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
• Provide general assistance on various project support tasks as needed from pre-production through delivery.
• Contribute to the company's culture of curiosity and self-disciplined pro-active responsibility as part of the Virtual Production and VFX team along with strong partnership toward Physical Production and Animation.
• Diverse experience as Coordinator or Production Manager in VFX, Virtual Production, Gaming and/or Studio.
• Sincere passion about the Virtual Production landscape and the future of content creation.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Filemaker, Shotgun, Airtable, Pix, and Docusign.
• A strong understanding of VFX workflow, Virtual Production pipelines, Animation, and Gaming.
• Experience with proprietary databases is preferable.
• Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
• Self-motivated proactive team member with the capacity to work independently.
• Capable of working with producers and production managers on implementing production workflows on-time and on-budget.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Passionate about Netflix culture and values in the workplace.