The Audio Engineer will work on a wide range of assignments, including audio implementation, audio pipeline and tools development, sound bank optimization, special effects, and more, all while working with a cross-discipline team of talented designers, artists and engineers in a cool office environment.
• Work closely with the audio team to design, optimize and implement audio game systems and features
• Work closely with the engine team to extend audio workflows and pipelines
• Participate in tech design and code review processes
• Collaborate across disciplines to carry features from initial concept to completion
• Work with other engineers to develop tools and processes that improve efficiency and quality
• Partner with other teams and senior engineers to define technical specifications prior to implementation
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the programming languages, platforms, frameworks, and APIs required to support the game project(s)
• Assist in developing and updating feature documentation for programming, work with Senior Engineers to maintain shared library of tech and process documentation
• Partner with senior engineers to drive coding standards and best practices
• Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
Skills and Abilities
• Strong programming skills within the relevant development environment(s)
• Ability to objectively evaluate code as part of a formal review process
• Ability to communicate effectively and build partnerships with artists, designers, and other engineers
• Comfortable programming in multi-threaded codebases
• Strong desire to iterate and improve on inefficient processes
• Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment
• Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
• Excellent organization skills
Education and Experience
• Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience
• Game industry and mobile development experience in a related role
• Understanding of the software development life cycle, and practices
• Experience supporting a live service
• Real-Time strategy and Unity 3D game development experience
• WWise and FMOD audio system usage within Unity
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, or other defect tracking software
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5bo4-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.