Assistant Manager - Performance Marketing
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to viewers everywhere. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth.
This is a newly-created travel role that will be key in developing and sustaining the growth in travel across both corporate and entertainment travel groups in APAC, specifically in India. The Travel Operations Specialist is responsible for day-to-day support of a travel consultant team, including managing key performance indicators (KPI), workload, providing assistance and coaching. The role will require you to closely partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand and help manage their unique travel needs. The Travel Operations Specialist role will report into the APAC, Travel Operations Manager who is based in Singapore.
• Professional travel advisor to our employees, vendors and stakeholders in India and other APAC markets.
• Identify strategic opportunities to improve our travel program, from identifying new vendors to work with, to suggesting new tools / technology that drive productivity for our employees and contributes to the overall traveler experience.
• Partners closely with regional Travel Operations Specialist and travel agency to ensure that the Follow-the-Sun model (24/7 travel operations) is applied consistently across all regions and verticals
• Support Travel Operations Managers for projects and internal stakeholder engagement, education and feedback sessions.
• Familiar with monitoring global distribution systems (GDS) queues and email management queues daily to maintain quality control and drive optimisation
• Foster a culture of feedback to the Travel Consultants & coaching in partnership with our TMC (Travel Management Company) towards creating better workflows and operational efficiencies.
• Oversees group/event travel and negotiate, contract and manage hotel room blocks
• Assist with billing and T&E reconciliations and Direct Billing as needed.
• Resolve more complex customer complaints or service issues
• Manage workflow, processes and resources to ensure service excellence of entire team
• Responsible for service quality in team
• Ideally 8-15 years' experience in the corporate / entertainment travel industry
• Solid working knowledge of the travel industry, both procurement and travel operations.
• Knowledge of travel industry systems (e.g. Sabre, online booking tools, security tools)
• Strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
• Preferably previous experience on supervisor / team leader positions
• Work independently, exercising discretion and judgment to complete tasks and follow up
• Adept at working across multiple time zones.
• Service mindset keeping people over process and SLAs
• Demonstrate professional service-minded attitude. Go above and beyond.
• Comfortable working in a high-volume ever-changing environment and know when to ask for help
• Confident and able to express considered ideas clearly to be a successful collaborator
• Awareness of your process and its effect on those around you
• Able to receive and give feedback.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
About the team
You will become part of a team of very dedicated colleagues, who are all working towards a common goal. Our APAC travel team is currently 12 members strong. You will also be working daily with the US and EMEA travel team, together we are all proud to deliver the best service possible for our employees and entertainment partners. You will become part of a truly global organisation where employee development is one of the highest priorities.
Your work location
This position is based at our Mumbai, India office.