Product Creative Studio is responsible for defining and developing the creative strategy for how titles on Netflix are creatively represented to over 200M members around the world.
Our purpose is to create joy for our members by helping them discover stories they'll love - and we do this by marrying entertainment and visual storytelling with data and innovation to develop creative (artwork and video) for touch points across the Netflix experience.
As Trailer Editor, you will be partnering with other in-house creatives, cross-functional teams and freelancers to create stunning and impactful promotional assets for titles that launch on Netflix. This unique opportunity blends hands-on editing, creative collaboration, and project management in a fully autonomous environment.
If you thrive on balancing the left brain with right, creativity with scale, innovation with technology; are a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback; and you want to make an impact in the world of entertainment, we'd like to hear from you.
*Please submit your reel along with a LinkedIn profile or resume so we can see a sample of your work.*
About the Job
• Trailer editors are responsible for the conceptualisation, creative development and execution of trailers and subsets of promotional videos for Netflix titles. You must have a strong knack for storytelling and crafting short-form narrative-driven video assets (without script or copy guidance).
• Demand excellence and demonstrate deep passion for content and member-centric experiences.
• Clearly communicate artistic vision and creative direction with partners and bring ideas to life with freelance editors.
• Troubleshoot toolset inefficiencies and collaborate on post-production optimizations.
• Work closely with a group of peers to efficiently scale and optimize asset suites and collaborate on creative.
• Manage large-scale creative projects and cross-functional relationships from brainstorm to delivery.
• Champion innovation - learn, apply and test new creative practices.
The Right Stuff
• 7+ years in editorial / post-production with a focus in entertainment (studio, agency or freelance).
• Appetite for using data-informed creative approaches to delivering effective video assets with measurable results.
• Expertise in non-linear editing platforms (Adobe Premiere).
• Basic knowledge of motion graphics authoring software (After Effects).
• Knowledge of online / offline production workflows and re-conformance of proxy to full-resolution footage.
• Ability to manage self-manage and organize workloads around tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with openness to feedback (giving and receiving).
• Strong global mindset.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
• Passion for entertainment, especially Asian content.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7ywk-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.