Digital Imaging Technician
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, much of the content being original features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials, and unscripted content.
Across all types of projects, Netflix strives to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision. As part of the Netflix Creative Technologies team, Production Workflow Specialists aim to provide technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to achieve the highest quality end-to-end imaging and sound pipeline. From on-set through to final delivery, we offer direct support to production crews as well as internal and external post and physical production teams. By staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology, our specialists offer expertise in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, sound, data management, image science, dailies, editorial, color correction, deliverables, archival, VFX imaging and more!
Skills & Requirements:
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layman terms.
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV production or post-production experience; ideally in the scripted genre.
• Extensive understanding of image capture, production, and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
• Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with production and post-production operational teams.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment, and service vendors across production and post.A passion for sound and the moving image.
As part of the Production Workflow team, you will:
• Provide workflow support to Netflix scripted productions.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Align with internal teams who also support productions.
• Work with internal engineering teams to inform the design of Netflix systems to serve production needs.
• Represent the Netflix Production Workflow team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Educate internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Explore, analyze and document global production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Devise and carry out strategies to achieve our global goals.
• Contribute to blogs, documentation, and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Evaluate vendors for readiness to service Netflix Originals productions.
• Stay up to date on the latest production workflow software, hardware, and tools.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk040-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.