It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. A key to growth is our ability to empower Netflix personnel to utilize in-house built cutting-edge technology that maximizes studio/production efficiencies to facilitate creation of the world's best streaming content. We're looking for a Training Specialist who embodies a passion for helping others learn and for change via technology.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
This individual will drive education and adoption through in-person training sessions and by providing feedback on needs throughout the studio app ecosystem. This individual must have strong communication skills and a passion for technical training as well as a deep understanding of studio production workflows.
The Studio Training Team has a unique opportunity to engage daily with cross-functional teams and partner with them to affect change. The goal is to help empower the studio employees to do their jobs faster, easier, and smarter by using technology. If you are an early adopter and enjoy creating new pathways to help others, this is the space for you.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Become an expert in studio apps, understanding their release cycles and socializing new features.
• Assist in the creation of training programs and individual training curriculum -- including but not limited to documentation, video, web-based tutorials, etc.
• Evangelize new technologies and their benefit to studio workflows.
• Lead the way in providing region-specific training for APAC (Singapore, Mumbai, Korea, Japan, etc.) for audiences big and small, including 1:1 sessions.
• Suggest and socialize new workflows to facilitate individual and studio-wide change management.
Cross functional collaboration
• Develop relationships with partner teams throughout the company to further key relationships and shared goals.
• Develop relationships with new employees to aid in their onboarding and technical training.
• Develop relationships with veteran employees to aid in ongoing educational opportunities.
Qualifications - The successful candidate
• Will thrive in our Culture;
• A solid experience working directly on-set in production and/or at a studio.
• Strongly preferred that this individual has prior experience managing people.
• Excellent presentation, communication & 1:1 relationship skills.
• Experience with G Suite and other progressive cloud-based platforms.
• Passion for leaning into new ideas and helping others overcome legacy ideals.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
• Willingness & ability to run lean with a DIY mentality.
• Ideally a formal training experience.
• Affinity for content production and finding efficiencies within.
• Material design skills (to create aesthetically pleasing, easy to understand graphics for training curriculum).